In this article, we will guide you on how to enjoy customized browsing by modifying or updating your network name or router password. Follow these simple steps to change NETGEAR password or network name (SSID).
The ultimate goal of investing in high-quality Wi-Fi networks is to conquer speed. Wi-Fi routers are the backbone of all smart homes. They enable users to stay connected on multiple devices. NETGEAR routers offer basic as well as advanced routers to cater to the needs of multiple target markets. They have the widest range of Wi-Fi routers offering speed, quality networking and secure connections. With NETGEAR routers, users today can enjoy faster browsing, non-stop video streaming, gaming, music and more.
Many users like secure connections and therefore rely on customized usernames and passwords for healthier browsing. Secure connections also allow users to set controls and manage their devices efficiently even when away from home.
How to modify your router password or network name (SSID):
- Commence by launching an internet browser and enter http://www.routerlogin.net into the search engine bar.
Note: In case you are unable to access the routerlogin.net page, read see “Router login page cannot be displayed or is blank” for assistance.
- Once you are on the router web interface page, enter our username and password in the text field when prompted. All NETGEAR devices use the username “admin” and the default password, “password”.
- Once through, click on the Basic tab and then click on Wireless.
- You can now change the router password or network name.
- Once set, make sure to click apply to save the changes made.
Alternate ways to change NETGEAR password or network name
However, these are not the only ways by which you can change NETGEAR password or SSID name. Listed below are some different methods that will help you change NETGEAR router password or network name.
- Users can try using the Smart wizard to change their SSID or router password. For more information about this method, visit “How to change your NETGEAR router Wi-Fi password or network name (SSID) using Smart Wizard”.
- Android, iOS and desktop users can change their network name or router password by using the “How do I change my Wi-Fi password or network name (SSID) using the iOS, Android or Desktop genie” method.
Lastly, you can also change your router password or network name by reading “How do I change the admin password on my NETGEAR router?”.
When it comes to choosing Wireless routers, there are a number of prestigious brands in the market offering a bundle of handy features. But it is not their features that make them a standout; it is their configuration technicalities that prove them to be the best.NETGEAR router default settings and NETGEAR routers have become a household name, promising efficient results, quality products and outstanding services. Their increasing demand and promised high-quality is the reason why many home users are switching to NETGEAR advanced routers for better Wi-Fi accessibility throughout the house.
If you are investing in one, there might be a couple of things you might want to know about such as its basic settings, passwords usernames etc. At a certain time, you might want to change the username or password. However, they may also be a situation where you changed the password or username and forgot. In such a case, you will need to restore your NETGEAR router default settings to reset the default username and password.
The overall NETGEAR router default setting isn’t complicated but varies with each model. But not to worry, we are here to help you reset your NETGEAR router default settings with ease.
In order to reset NETGEAR router to default settings, we are recommending two different methods based on the type of wireless NETGEAR router models (basic or advanced) you have installed.
For Basic NETGEAR router default settings:
- The first step includes examining the router for the reset router button on the device. It will most probably be on the back of the router.
- Next, you need to switch on the router and get yourself a paperclip or pen. You will need either to hold press against the reset button for at least ten seconds until you see all service lights blink.
- Lastly, you will now need to open the NETGEAR Router Login IP Address page and enter the default credentials like “admin” as the username and “1234” or “password” as the password.
- This procedure will help you get your NETGEAR router default settings to reset.
For Advanced NETGEAR router default settings:
- Before trying to reset, just ensure to check once by inserting the default credentials on the NETGEAR Router Login page. In case it fails, then follow the steps mentioned below.
- On your wireless NETGEAR router, find the Wireless and WPS label button and gently press it for ten or more seconds until you see all the lights blink.
- This step will reset the device to default settings and allow the user to login to his/her router and set another username or password by logging in to the admin page.
- For further assistance or information about other NETGEAR issues, readers can visit the NETGEAR Support page.