In this article, we will guide you on how to enjoy customized browsing by modifying or updating your network name or router password. Follow these simple steps to change NETGEAR password or network name (SSID).
The ultimate goal of investing in high-quality Wi-Fi networks is to conquer speed. Wi-Fi routers are the backbone of all smart homes. They enable users to stay connected on multiple devices. NETGEAR routers offer basic as well as advanced routers to cater to the needs of multiple target markets. They have the widest range of Wi-Fi routers offering speed, quality networking and secure connections. With NETGEAR routers, users today can enjoy faster browsing, non-stop video streaming, gaming, music and more.
Many users like secure connections and therefore rely on customized usernames and passwords for healthier browsing. Secure connections also allow users to set controls and manage their devices efficiently even when away from home.
How to modify your router password or network name (SSID):
- Commence by launching an internet browser and enter http://www.routerlogin.net into the search engine bar.
Note: In case you are unable to access the routerlogin.net page, read see “Router login page cannot be displayed or is blank” for assistance.
- Once you are on the router web interface page, enter our username and password in the text field when prompted. All NETGEAR devices use the username “admin” and the default password, “password”.
- Once through, click on the Basic tab and then click on Wireless.
- You can now change the router password or network name.
- Once set, make sure to click apply to save the changes made.
Alternate ways to change NETGEAR password or network name
However, these are not the only ways by which you can change NETGEAR password or SSID name. Listed below are some different methods that will help you change NETGEAR router password or network name.
- Users can try using the Smart wizard to change their SSID or router password. For more information about this method, visit “How to change your NETGEAR router Wi-Fi password or network name (SSID) using Smart Wizard”.
- Android, iOS and desktop users can change their network name or router password by using the “How do I change my Wi-Fi password or network name (SSID) using the iOS, Android or Desktop genie” method.
Lastly, you can also change your router password or network name by reading “How do I change the admin password on my NETGEAR router?”.