We have said that often you may spend too much money for the internet speed you don’t use. And this time we will say that you should consider who you are and what your needs are before buying this router. Netgear R8500 Nighthawk is first Wi-Fi router that support AC5300 standard and provide the top speed of 2.166Mbps, but sadly none of the regular laptops or tablets that support this huge speed does not exist yet. That means you can use this router for your Wi-Fi network, but the speed will be much lower than its actual capability.
For now it is the first router with six Gigabit LAN ports, two of them can be combined inti a single super fast wired connection. And if you already use high-end NAS server you can bring the servers data rate to a completely new level, making local data sharing or media streaming significantly faster.
Obviously if you have no idea what we are talking about you should look for another device. To be true for around 17$ there are TP-Link routers that gets the job done.
Netgear R8500 Nighthawk best features
- Tri-Band Wifi– Delivers more WiFi to devices.
- 5.3Gbps – The fastest combined WiFI speed for uninterrupted streaming.
- Quad Stream – Up to four data streams per WiFI band maximizes connection speed.
- Dynamic QoS – Intelligently prioritizes video streaming & gaming.
- Smart Connect – Designates slower & faster devices to separate WiFi bands for best wireless speeds.
- 6 gigabit Ethernet ports, 2 for multi-port aggregation.
Enjoy simultaneous streaming with Netgear R8500 Nighthawk
This router has a bunch of really useful features. Some of the most useful, are the antenna beam forming, and the Smart Connect features, which sort out the different types of wireless connections to ensure the best connection for each device, and send the most signal possible towards your device.